Friday, January 24, 2014

Hexie Friday

 
 
Hexie Snowflake.
This was so much fun.
 
This is the January Block from The Hexie BOM with two possible backgrounds.  The first is a cream with white dots and the second is solid.
 
I purchased the gray fabric as stashing for my 2013 Stash Buster, but the color is totally wrong for it.
 
2014 Hexie BOM
 
I did learn a really good lesson from making this snowflake.  I used way too much glue on my cardstock hexies......:)
 
Everyone have a great weekend!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
<!-- end InLinkz script –>

12 comments:

Terry said...

Your snowflake is beautiful! I think I like it on the cream background better. Just my opinion! :0)

Turid said...

I like the cream background too. So fun to see, seems like two totally different snowflakes.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is so awesome! I like both backgrounds - big help.

Angie in SoCal said...

Wonderful snowflake, Billie! I like it on both backgrounds, too, but am leaning toward the brown if I had to chose one. Hope to see you on Hexie Weekend.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh those aqua hexies make my heart go pitter patter!!!!

Karen said...

Pretty blue greens.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your hexie snowflake block is GORGEOUS!

Kindred Quilts said...

Oh I love this! Great fabrics... great colors! I'm partial to the light colored background... looks like it's lying on a snow bank!

Sue Daurio said...

Oh boy what a great hexie block that's going to be. Ok *snowflake* sounds all white and pure, but I'm really loving on it that grey. I think I'm going through another grey phase. LOVE your hexie

Anonymous said...

You glue them? I've never done that. Basting is so quick on this size. I like the block a lot, and it looks great on either background, but almost like two different blocks!

Unknown said...

I love the gray background for your snowflake. I always seem to use white or cream as a base, I think I need to branch out color wise

Carrie P. said...

really neat looking!