Monday, February 3, 2014

Ben Franklin and I Still Can't


Block 19

......believe I did it again.  Several of the Ben Franklin Blocks last photo in the direction have looked separated like this.  It never occurred to me I wasn't suppose to sew them together, but leave them in 4 parts........Good Grief Charles Brown!!!
When will I learn to read directions.

To my regular followers this is no surprise.
Yes, right now I'm LOL at myself.

By now I'm an expert at using my seam ripper.  We all have our talents and that one is mine.


Ben Franklin Mystery Quilt


~~~~~~~~~~

Linking up with:



stitch by stitch

14 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh, no! Funny :) I do that a lot - jumping ahead of the instructions and then finding out I have to undo or problem solve!

Lucy said...

Your blocks are nice , I like your colors.

Sue Daurio said...

Oh you're suppose to read the directions, not just look at the pictures :) I read so slow, if I had to read all the directions, I'd never get anything done. Love your blocks and great fabric choices as usual.

B J Elder said...

Can't have those seam rippers feeling left out. LOL

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Ah Billie, you are my comic relief!

Julie Fukuda said...

That's what they invented those little gizmos for.

Lesley said...

You're not the first of us to use a seam ripper, giggle...

Aunt 'Reen said...

wonderful blocks and great fabric choices!
Ripping is not my favorite part of quilting, but I'm really good at it too. lol

Anonymous said...

I wondered about that when I saw them in the Erik Homemade blog post, but since I'm just keeping it for the future, I decided I'd wait and see what the deal is. Your blocks look great, though!

Shay said...

Unsewing is one of my least favourite tasks ...

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

I spent the morning seam ripping! I feel your pain, oh and it was because I got way ahead of myself. . . not a pattern haha

Teresa in Music City said...

LOL! You made me laugh!!! I have done something like that so many times. I get so mad at myself for not paying more attention to the directions. At least I know I am not alone :*)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angie in SoCal said...

I have days like that.