Saturday, October 4, 2014

Hexie Weekend and My Latest Block


My current block!!! ^*&(%


Try number two.  I'm trying to work on my Gypsy Wife.  I can't believe I'm 4 months behind.


Why don't I just get off my butt and go sew.  I read until about 2 or 3 or 4 in the morning.


Wake up about 9 or 10 or 11.



My DH brings me my dry Cheerios, pills, and coffee.  And yes you get the picture, I spend an hour or two staring out the window at these wild maybe Morning Glories that God sent me to enjoy.


Big Mick has started staying up late as well working on yet another puzzle.  That use to be my job.  He's not good at sharing the pieces with me.  A little of a control freak.
The doctor says his side pain is radiated from the  arthritis in his lower back.  He is thinking of golfing on Monday with a back brace.
Maybe I can work on the next puzzle while he's gone...:)


I'm determined not to start another UFO, but this little bundle of fabric keeps looking at me.
Hmmmmmmmm???

~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget this is Hexie Weekend.  You can link up here or on Angie's blog.




<!-- end InLinkz script –>

13 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

I have days like that. I'm trying really hard to be in bed by 11AM. It helps that I have to be up some days because Alan is coming over.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I'm not going to coach into a sleeping/wake schedule - I'm terrible with that myself. I read my blogs and e-mail with the first cup or two and then off and running. Although today it is cold and rainy - would rather be curled up on the couch with two furries, but I have things to get done.

Ellen said...

All in good time...

Rosa said...

Happy sewing!

Shay said...

Nice to see that you also have a little spitty every now and then because I have the occasional one myself in the sewing room (and I'd hate to be the only one !)

Im a late to bed and early riser person no matter how late I might have gone to sleep. Nanna naps are one of my favorite things on my days off ( gotta catch up on sleep somewhere !)

Terri said...

I recognize your top picture - paper piecing? _ _ it happens. Just hang in there.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

My life is similar, and I like it that way. I don't like mornings! Nights are much better. =) I have every confidence you will get that block into shape and others as well. Those Morning Glories deserve a good long look.

margaret said...

oh dear what has happened to your hexie!!
You are further on than me I have not started the farmers wife yet, must go to craftsy and buy the detailed instructions as I cannot manage without them.
Your bed times are in reverse to me, I am up around 5am but very early to bed, all blogging is done first thing but when I finally get a lap top plan to do it in the evening when I go to bed well that is the plan at the moment

cucki said...

Happy stitching x

Karen H said...

The first picture gave me a good laugh! We all have blocks (and days) like that! Go work on your puzzle and come back with fresh eyes and I'm sure it will go better!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love those fabric bundles - I have too many sitting idle and would love to start another but have told myself to finish something first. I'm one of those people that go to bed about the same time every night 10:30 and wake up early - usually between 6-7 can't image sleeping til 10 or 11 LOL

Lucy said...

You morning glories are beautiful. I never could sleep so I read a book but have changed my ways of the first of Oct. going to sew till 10-30 or later and then go to bed. That is the plan haha.

barbara woods said...

i have problems sleeping sometimes and when we do get up we did sit outside for a couple of hours drinking coffee before cooking a late breakfast, was to cold this morning!