Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I've Wandered Back In.....


Before I got lost in real life, I worked on the sashing for the Farm Girl Vintage.

Then we decided to get new carpet for the bedrooms and the computer room.  We put it off as long as we could.  All my rooms were pretty organized, but the amount of stuff I had stashed in every corner was unreal.  We totally covered our family room and Micks pool room with all the junk.

First some things to my good friend Carol, then packed away stuff for the kids, and a couple of trips to the thrift shop to drop things off helped out some.
 Several days to remove, wait for the carpet, and more days to return everything to it's home.


Looks better without the card table, but it's so convenient.



The quilt I made Mom.


Most of my toys are gone.  This is all I kept.


New carpet with all the footprints....:)


Halloween quilt on the chair.  Master bedroom too messy to show.


This carpet is called Desert Sand.  I just love it.  We are having an area rug made for the family room of this same carpet, but it's not here yet.

That's about all that has been happening at my house.

Should start getting back to sewing soon.

Happy Days to you all.


14 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I totally forgot about the carpet and wondered why you weren't playing in fabric - duh. Oh I love the desert carpet - just fab.

Judy D in WA said...

OMGoodness, what an overwhelming task! I bet you are thrilled it is finished! And it looks really nice.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous - love the Desert Sand! And the dual computers!! And the window in your bedroom - golly that's gorgeous! I spy your butterfly, and a little stitchery on your design wall....*G* LOVE that hutch in the sewingroom, and your ironing table. I think your card table looks fine, and I love how you have it set up, that looks really convenient! Wonder if I could re-arrange my furniture again....just did it last week...

margaret said...

everything looking very spick and span now a lovely choice of carpet. Such a good idea how you have the sets f drawers with a worktop on them making a good working area. It must be so good to have a seeing room, I seem to have my stuff in every room of the house

Aunt 'Reen said...

Looks like a LOT has been going on at your house. ;)
The carpets look beautiful!
Your sewing room looks fabulous too!

cucki said...

Aww I love your home so much
Looking so beautiful xx

Teresa in Music City said...

Your new carpet is gorgeous Billie!!! And I know it's a royal pain to have to move stuff out and then put it all back again, but that's about the only way I ever get things sorted and updated - I have to be forced into it by something like laying new carpet LOL!!! You'll enjoy your new, reorganized area so much!

KaHolly said...

Happy New Carpet! Hope it stays new longer than mine did! XO

krislovesfabric said...

Looking gooooood!!

barbara woods said...

love your sewing space, so neat . You should just see mine , so cluttered i am ashamed to show it.

Anonymous said...

So THAT's the infamous carpet! Looks great, and I love the color. That won't show all the dirt! I love your sewing space, plenty of light.

Lucy said...

I love your carpet. You sewing room looks so neat and nothing out of order. I have stacks and stacks of a scraps but am working on getting them under control

dq said...

It all looks so nice! Love your sewing space too.

Rosa said...

Such a beautiful sewing space,sure you have fun there.